1. As the country moves through the Local Government Elections 2023 process, as Leader of the United National Congress, I wish to provide the following update on these historic circumstances.
2. First and foremost, I thank all voters who came out and did their civic duty to cast their votes in these elections. I want to give a special thanks to all who voted for the UNC and NTA. We will work hard to fulfill the overwhelming mandate you have given us.
3. The next step in the process is the appointment of Aldermen.
4. The EBC has allocated 24 Aldermen positions to our party and one to our NTA accommodation partner.
5. The EBC has made no allocation for Aldermen in the Arima Borough and Princes Town Regional Corporation pending the final results.
6. In accordance with the rules and procedures set out by the law, our General Secretary of the UNC has submitted to the EBC the names of UNC appointees as Aldermen.
7. Following upon this is the swearing-in of aldermen and the election of mayors and/or chairmen for each regional corporation as well as committee chairs and members.
8. I again thank our citizens for giving UNC a resounding victory in the 2023 Local Government Elections as we pledge to continue to work harder to bring better days for all!