CNC3 Morning Brew Issue: The UNC Calls Supporters to Express Solidarity in Democratic, Peaceful Means
UNC calls supporters to express solidarity with us in whatever democratic, peaceful means you believe appropriate
1. The UNC sent a letter of complaint to Guardian Media Limited, the parent company of CNC3, over the baseless and offensive statements made against the United National Congress on the ‘The Morning Brew’, saying our constituitonal requests for a recount were meant to provoke violent attacks like what occurred on Capitol Hill in the USA on 6 January.
2. The claim was aggressively made, provocative and untrue. The host essentially charged us in the UNC with attempting to incite domestic terrorism and treason. It was a shocking display of untruth, and disrespect to the over 500,000 peaceful and law-abiding supporters of the UNC.
3. We are not against fair criticism, but painting UNC as a party of domestic terrorism is disgusting.
4. The UNC immediately made a statement on social media asking for an apology. However, both Natalee Legore and CNC3’s parent company, Guardian Media Limited, deepened their recalcitrance and refused to apologise.
5. The PNM — who normally attack freedom of speech — took the unprecedented step of writing three press releases to protect Ms. Legore, as if she were one of their own.
6. The UNC then wrote a formal letter of complaint to Guardian Media Limited, CNC 3, and Ms. Natalee Legore. We requested an apology for these baseless statements. If they did not wish to do so, we asked for an early opportunity to appear on The Morning Brew for a fair hearing and opportunity to respond.
7. We are publising the letter for public education and the public record.
8. Quite arrogantly, Guardian Media Limited denied our reasoned and reasonable request. They continued to dig in their heels.
9. It is entirely an unreasonable and provocative position by GML against the UNC, to not even allow us the opportunity to address the disgusting accusation on air.
10. The UNC affirms the decision of our PRO, Dr. Kirk Meighoo, to respond or not to respond to any media request from Guardian Media in the future
11. We call on you, our supporters, to show solidarity with the party, to uphold its name from unwarranted denigration by CNC3, in whatever democratic, peaceful means you believe appropriate.
12. We respect that Guardian Media can choose to do what they want. Equally we in the UNC and our over 500,000 supporters also have a right to not tolerate their anti-UNC bias.