Mr. Malcolm Kernahan is the husband of Mrs. Jennifer Jones-Kernahan, Trinidad and Tobago’s Ambassador to Cuba. He is currently a director on the Board of the East Port of Spain Development Company.
Malcolm has committed his life the development of the people of Laventille and its environs since 1970. In 1970 during the Trinidad and Tobago revolution led by NJAC, he was brutalized and imprisoned.
“Jai,” as he is popularly known to many, is the secretary of the East Port of Spain Council of Community Councils. He is also the General Secretary of the East Port of Spain Heritage Association as well as executive member of the Blue Diamond Steel Orchestra.
* Manzanilla Government Primary School
* Correspondence Course in Accounts – Bennet Airmail College
* Administration Management – Academy of Management, Victoria Avenue
* Production Worker – Texaco Trinidad Inco.
* Machine Operator – Charles Candy Co. Limited
* Production Supervisor – National Feed Mill Limited
* Accounts Clerk – National Flour Mill Ltd
* Clerk Budget Control – Ministry of Works & Infrastructure – Self Help Management Unit.
* Enterprise Development Officer – Region 2 URP
* Chairman/Manager/Jubilange Comm Co-operative, Gonzales
* Manager Jubilange/UNDP Micro Credit Programme – San Juan/Laventille Region.
VOLUNTARY WORK IN EAST P.o.S
* Secretary – National Unemployed Workers Movement
* Secretary – East Port of Spain Council of Community Councils (NGO)
* General Secretary – East Port of Spain Heritage Association (NGO)
* Director/Manager – Success Ujaama Credit Union
* Founding member/lead Writer of the “Silent Sufferer” Newspaper
* Vice President (Community Relations) FITUN
* Executive Member – Blue Diamond Steel Orchestra.
* Married with 4 siblings
* DIRECTOR AT THE EAST PORT OF SPAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY.