As the UNC continues its mission to bring good governance and representation to all citizens, candidates have been selected by the party’s screening committee for the upcoming Local Government bye-elections.
Numerous individuals of impeccable character and across all boundaries filed nominations in response to the UNC’s call for potential candidates.
All nominees faced the screening committee headed by Political Leader Kamla Persad Bissessar along with the newly elected National Executive.
The following candidates were chosen for the stated Electoral Districts:
1. Mr. Sheldon Louis Garcia for the Electoral District of Arima Central;
2. Mr Richard Gautam Sukdeo for the Electoral District of Cunupia;
3. Mr. Tylon Dwight Farrell for the Electoral District of Hindustan / St. Mary’s;
4. Mr. Daniel John for the Electoral District of Hollywood; and
5. Mr. John Laquis for the Electoral District of Morne Coco / Alyce Glen.
All candidates are confident in their abilities and pledge to bring home a victory for the UNC.
As the UNC was able to capture one additional constituency from the PNM in the last General Elections, the trend is expected to continue as this PNM Administration remains one of the most Anti People government in our history.
Campaigns will strictly follow all COVID-19 guidelines as we strive to preserve and protect the health and strength of everyone.
All members of the UNC as anyone else interested in good governance are invited to assist in the campaign as we need all hands on deck for the task at hand.