The UNC advises PNM Tobago Council political leader Tracy Davidson-Celestine to stop calling our party’s great name in her nefarious diatribes.
Davidson-Celestine, humiliated after the front-page exposure of her massive corruption scandals (“THA spends $2.5m on tourism project, Auditor General finds only rope”), may feel she has no other alternative but to draw from the racist pit, as with Hilton Sandy’s despicable statement “warning” Tobagonians about the “Calcutta ship” from Trinidad.
We remind Davidson-Celestine that the only party in Tobago that takes instructions from Trinidad is the “Tobago” PNM.
The UNC, however, has a proud history of progress in Tobago, one much greater than the PNM. Not only did the UNC entrench the THA Act in the Constitution, but the UNC guaranteed that the THA receive between 4.03 and 6.9 percent of the National Budget every year. Is Davidson-Celestine aware of that?
Enhancing Tobago’s autonomy and self-government is not all the UNC did for Tobago. The UNC also:
· Completed the long awaited Tobago hospital improving health care in Tobago
· Completed the Magdalena Grand improving rooms for Tourism
· Opened a new gas station at Roxborough
· Fixed the problem with obtaining land title
· Improved the Bus Service
· Initiated the $150 million upgrade for ANR Robinson Airport
· Initiated the New Fire Station for Black Rock (still not completed by the PNM)
· Initiated the New MET Office (still not completed by the PNM)
· Opened the Tobago Technology Centre at Bon Accord
· Established an integrated campus for UTT
· Ensured the smooth, continuous, uninterrupted running of the Seabridge
The PNM, on the other hand, has a long record and history of destroying the Tobagonian economy.
The UNC re-iterates its call for Davidson-Celestine and her PNM party to stop their racism and corruption.
Dr. Kirk Meighoo
Public Relations Officer