What distinguishes the leadership of Kamla Persad Bissessar from Rowley
1. Vision for the nation: Prosperity for All vs Prosperity for a selected few
2. Heart for the children of our nation: Children’s Life Fund, Laptops for Children entering secondary schools, Children’s Hospital, better physical infrastructure for schools. ( Rowley’s description of children as duncey, refusal to open Biche High School punishing children for years, opposition to laptops for children)
3. Securing the competitive potential of our children in an global environment: Universal Childhood Education as a goal
4. More opportunities for people to empower themselves as is being done under TEST. ( several technology centers established, Work Force assessment centers established)
5. More equitable treatment of rural communities through balanced geographic distribution of development projects and rural reconstruction
6. Strong and Decisive leader vs Rowley as a weak and indecisive leader who is always flip flopping. Examine the PNM’s track record on the support of major crime fighting legislation. ( Hanging Bill, Bill to allow soldiers power of arrest, Preliminary Inquiries/Committal Bill)
7. Ability to hold a coalition of interests together because she is perceived as a leader who has a place in her heart for every citizen and group vs Rowley who admitted that it took him 16 years before he went to Divali Nagar and that because it was politically necessary not because he cared for Indian Culture. Just like it has become politically necessary for him to say he has a half-brother who is Indian). The PM, Mrs Persad Bissessar has always in and out of office walked shoulder to shoulder with every creed and race. Her record with the Baptists is adequate testimony of her equal vision towards all and of her penchant for fair treatment of every group in this society.
8. She has demonstrated that she is labour sensitive. The PNM of which Rowley was a part left scores of labour agreements unresolved. Under her administration 77 agreements have been settled in four years!!!! This could not have happened unless her vision included the interests of the workers in this country.
9. She is sensitive to the plight of the poor and dispossessed. It was historic that she set up the Ministry of the People. This was opposed by Rowley and the PNM. The programs of the Ministry are testimony to the compassionate nature of the PM towards the poor and dispossessed. Examine the care givers program, the buses for the differently able citizens, the various grants which have been increased, book grants, clothing grants, school transport for children, free transport for the elderly, increase in old age pensions, house grants, minimum wage increased etc.)
10. Willing to act against her own in the interest of good governance unpalatable as it would have been and as painful as it was. ( Sharma, King, Volney, Ramadharsingh as well as Chairmen of State Boards) vu Rowley and the PNM who did not act against any of their state board chairmen)
11. Calm collected and responds intelligently in sensitive and difficult situations vs Rowley who is always combative, divisive and shouting at his opponents
12. Consensus leadership and decision making vs autocratic Rowley Trademark of PNM Not a damn dog bark. Rowley’s way: My way or the highway
13. Nation builder vs Rowley who is always putting down people.
14. Transparent leader who placed manifesto in parliament as public policy document and has reported with achievements after four years This is unprecedented . Rowley and PNM never did this. She holds herself up to public scrutiny which is a sign of great leadership.
15. Works calmly under pressure vs Rowley who gets angry and shouts.
16. Kamla Persad Bissessar is a Highly credible leader who closes the gap between the spoken word and the action compared to Rowley who invents lies and untruths eg e-mails and no confidence motions without merit
17. Respects people especially women and girls and fights for their rights as equals in society compared to Rowley who calls them African hyenas
18. Kamla Persad Bissessar is a true nationalist. She I always presenting T&T as a nation where foreign investment is welcomed and as an attractive nation for investors. Rowley is always decrying T&T and selling its misgivings rather that its assets. He comes across as one who hates his country or will decry it for personal political gain
19. While PM Kamla Persad Bissessar is empowering the children of the nation by providing education facilities close to their homes and more university seats eg DEBE CAMPUS and Coastatt in Sangre Grande Rowley and the PNM are saying do not build the Debe Campus.
20. While people want the Highway to Point Fortin and while PM Kamla Persad Bissessar is ensuring that it is built, Rowley has joined Kublalsingh to oppose it. Cheap political stuff of which leaders are not made. Rowley is anti-people, anti-South, anti-Point Fortin!
21. The PM is encouraging wider participation of women in political decision making. Rowley and the PNM women do not think that women should lead Ask Penny! Remember what Marlene MC Donald said. Well did Rowley condemn her for saying so. NO! Is Rowley anti-women developing and taking their full place in society?
22. PM is for making children happy. What was Rowley’s attitude to the toy distribution drive of the PM. He has never supported it. He is a scrooge. Is he against children enjoying Xmas?
23. The PM is for the poor. What was Rowley’s attitude to the distribution of food hampers for XMAS. Has he ever supported it. Is he against poor people eating a good meal for Xmas?
24. PM Persad Bissessar is kind and compassionate. Show me where Rowley has ever demonstrated compassion and love for people.
25. Mrs Persad Bissessar is a Facilitative Leader and is consensus driven vs Rowley who has been described by his own PNM people as an autocratic leader