Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has a busy day in Ottawa Thursday as she continues her 4-day visit to Canada.
It includes a courtesy call on Governor General David Johnson, a visit to Parliament Hill, a private meeting with her Canadian host, Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Later she and Harper will fly to Toronto for a joint business meeting at the Royal York Hotel.
- Courtesy call on Governor General David Johnson
- Parliament Hill – Official welcome with guard of honour and 19-gun salute
- Rotunda – meeting with presiding officers of Canadian Parliament
- Private meeting between two Prime Ministers at office of Stephen Harper; exchange of gifts
- Both PMs make statement; media availability
- Signing of MOUs
- Working luncheon
- PM Kamla meets Leader of the Opposition Thomas Mulclair
- Leaves Ottawa for with Canadian PM
- Reception at Royal York Hotel, Toronto hosted jointly by both PMs and the Canadian Commercial Council (CCA)